Noynoy tired of waiting for Villar for one-on-one debate
Posted by akosistella on March 25, 2010
(Updated 12:40 p.m.) DAGUPAN CITY — After getting no response, a tired Senator Benigno Simeon “Noynoy” Aquino III may soon drop plans for a one-on-one debate with his closest rival for the presidency, Senator Manuel Villar Jr.
Aquino told reporters here Tuesday night his emissary followed up the matter with Villar’s camp but received no response. He said Villar’s camp has so far been silent on the mechanics of their one-on-one debate.
“At some point in time kung ayaw niya, di ko na pag-aksayahan ng oras na hintayin siya sumagot. Mas mabuti kausapin ko ang aking supporters at maghanda para sa vote protection (At some point in time, I will no longer waste my time waiting for his reply. I would rather talk to my supporters to prepare to protect my votes this May),” he said.
How technology was used in Harapan VP debate
MANILA, Philippines – ABS-CBN’s Harapan: The Vice-Presidential Debate used three parallel mechanisms to gauge audience reaction during the event.
The first two mechanisms were online and SMS polls, which allowed viewers to vote the “truthfulness” of the answers of the vice-presidential candidates during the event. The two polls were started only at the start of the debate, and the results tallied before the end of the show.
The third and final mechanism was the Wireless Audience Response System (WARS), which allowed a random sample of audience members to vote if they believed the answers of the candidates. A total of 180 declared non-partisan citizens from different sectors in 4 areas (45 from each area)—Metro Manila, Naga, Cebu, Davao—were invited to watch the debate.
Click ABS-CBN News