Gibo: Don’t believe intrigues
Posted by akosistella on April 1, 2010
Garcias of Cebu are behind me, he says
MANILA, Philippines – The administration's official candidate for president Gilberto ‘Gibo’ Teodoro on Maundy Thursday denied a report in the Philippine Daily Inquirer that he had been told by Cebu Gov. Gwen Garcia about First Gentleman Jose Miguel ‘Mike’ Arroyo’s alleged move to abandon him in favor of Sen. Manuel Villar of the Nacionalista Party NP.
“I deny the report that Gov. Gwen Garcia allegedly told me that the First Gentleman called up members of her family to withdraw their support to me,” Teodoro said in a statement.
Teodoro claimed that the Garcias of Cebu are still behind him, contrary to a report in the Inquirer.”The support of the Garcia family and of One Cebu has always been solid and unconditional, it has never wavered,” the former defense chief said. (Read: Cebu Gov claims 'One Cebu’ still for Gibo
Click ABS-CBN News Online Beta.
NP, Villar deny Mike Arroyo link after Lakas defections
The Nacionalista Party on Thursday denied any connection with First Gentleman Jose Miguel Arroyo, saying reports linking the latter to its standard bearer, Senator Manuel Villar Jr., is “baseless and malicious.”
The Nacionalista Party and Senator Villar “know nothing about this,” the NP said in a statement. “We expressly deny any links with the First Gentleman.”
Newspaper reports have indicated that administration party standard bearer Gilberto “Gibo” Teodoro Jr. resigned as Lakas-Kampi-CMD national chairman owing to allegations that Mr. Arroyo is supporting Villar’s candidacy, instead of his.
Click GMA News.TV