Pulitika2010

Everything you've wanted to know about RP politics, but were afraid to ask.

Acting DOJ chief cheated in law school

Posted by akosistella on April 27, 2010


    Share

IT’S not every day that you see subordinates publicly criticizing their boss, which is what acting Justice Secretary Alberto C.Agra is experiencing as government prosecutors assail his recent decision to absolve two members of the Ampatuan clan over the grisly killings last November in Maguindanao.

By all indications, Agra is not least aggravated by the criticisms. Yesterday, at the flag ceremony of the Justice department personnel, he declared: “I stand by that decision and the process I went through to arrive at it… I bow neither to political dictates nor to public opinion.”

He admits to being a crybaby but says he won’t quit his post. “’Di po ako magbibitiw sa aking posisyon, Wala akong balak atrasan ang mga hamon sa aking opisina….matibay si Al Agra kahit iyakin.”

Via Malaya

ALSO READ:

Agra to issue new Ampatuan ruling

MANILA, Philippines – Embattled Justice Secretary Alberto Agra will review his own ruling clearing two members of the Ampatuan clan in the Maguindanao massacre and come up with a decision within the week.

Agra has drawn flak for absolving detained Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao Gov. Zaldy Ampatuan and his cousin, acting Maguindanao Vice Gov. Akmad Ampatuan Sr., also Mamasapano town mayor, of involvement in the slaughter of 57 people – including journalists and lawyers – on Nov. 23 last year in Maguindanao.

The multiple murder case against Ampatuan patriarch Andal Sr. and his son Datu Unsay Mayor Andal Jr. remains, based on Agra’s resolution.

via Phil. Star

AND: Bishop pushes for truth commission to review Agra ruling

EARLIER:

Agra won’t form panel to review decision — report

Justice Secretary Alberto Agra has decided not to form a review panel that would re-consider his decision to clear two Ampatuan clan members from murder charges stemming from the brutal November 23 massacre in Maguindanao.

In his report, GMA News’ Chino Gaston said Agra he will just release a decision on the motion for reconsideration filed by relatives of the 57 massacre victims.

Agra said he will not give further statements to the media regarding the case until he releases the department’s

via GMANews.TV.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: